BLU CRU - Interns
Are you interested in an internship at The BLU Group? Past BLU CRU members have said they learned more in 3 months here than they did in 4 years at school. Now we can't promise these types of results every time, but we can promise you a wealth of knowledge, a great learning environment, and some kick ass people to hang out with.
An internship at BLU will involve the following:
- Participating in daily internal meetings to get a better understanding of the inner workings of an ad agency.
- Shadowing various departments: Account Services, Graphic Design, and Interactive Services.
- Developing marketing plans based on client objectives.
- Sitting in on client meetings to learn what it takes to be a good listener and leader.
- Taking out the garbage, doing dishes, and other duties to keep the office spic and span.
- Researching new media to keep you, the agency, and our clients on the leading edge of technology and its uses.
- Assisting in the creative development of internal and client projects.
We expect our interns to have the following traits:
- Proactive - Don't sit around waiting for someone to ask you to do something.
- Assertive - Shyness won't get you very far here or in life. Step up!
- Inquisitive - Ask questions. Probe deeper. Don't settle for what everyone else can see or would think about.
- Reliable - Really? If we have to explain this one there's a problem.
- Fun - This is an ad agency, not a funeral home. Be prepared to lighten the mood and have a good time.
- Professional - Our brand is based on presenting ourselves and our work in the best possible light at all times.
- Talented - Hopefully you have a fairly good idea where your talents lie by this time. It'll be our job to bring them out, help refine them, and use them as best as possible.
Do you have what it takes to join the BLU CRU? The ball's in your court. Show us what you can bring to the team. Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll take a look at it right away.
Still on the fence? Check out this blog post from one of our interns for more insight into being part of the CRU and having "The BLU Experience".